I had the pleasure of asking Linda Holbrook a few questions and I would like to share it with you all. She is the author of a wonderful book called "You Wanna Go To Willard".
Stop back April 20th between 5-7pm EST to ask Linda questions of your own. She has been kind enough to offer one lucky commenter a copy of her book as long as they agree to post a review after reading it!
1) What made you decide to write a book?
It had always been something I thought about doing since I was young. It was my journaling during my divorce that took it to a new level. When I put everything I had written into a sequence and a diary format it seemed to be done. Then the book The Color Purple came out and I decided I could put my story into a book too.
2) How similar are you and Laura?
Laura and I are really the same person.
3) How did you come up with the title "You Wanna Go to Willard?"
The opening chapter is real, like 99% of the book. Back in my childhood people would put people who were different into Willard. One of my dedicated reader group people suggested I use the quote for the title. I liked it and thought it should get attention. So far, it has.
4) How long did it take you to write this book?
On and off probably 20 years. There was a lot of learning on my part along the way. I couldn't get the help I needed locally so I took a writing course and signed on with BookSurge. Still dealing with trial and error, I finally got it finished.
5) Are you currently working on any books?
Yes. I currently have another book near completion and have the outline for volume 2 of the Willard book as the sequel.
6) Who is your favorite author?
I love everything Mitch Albom has written.
7) If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
I would go to Spain.
8) What's your favorite color?
9) What's your favorite food?
10) If you could only take 3 items to a deserted island, what would you take?
A mechanical pencil, tablet and a hatchet.
You can see my review here