September 9, 2009

Need a new car...

My husband and I have been having some issues with our car and we think it's about time to start looking for a new one. I've been searching online and I fell in love with the 2010 Volvo XC60. It has good handling, which is really important. I was in a pretty bad car wreck a few years ago and it taught me to think more about what a car is capable of, rather than how it looks. I have to have airbags and anti lock brakes. Traction control is a huge plus if you live in a place that has snowy winters. We had a really bad snow storm about a year and a half ago and I know that we would have wrecked a few times if we didn't have traction control.

I came across the Ford Taurus review and I really like the idea of buying an American car, especially with the current recession.

The Audi a4 review and I have to agree that this vehicle is very stylish. I could definitely picture myself cruising around in this.

There's also the 2010 Toyota Camry Hybrid and I really want to do all I can to help the environment. The Hybrid has a very similar style to the original Camry. I have a lot of thinking to do and luckily, a lot of cars to choose from.

3 comments:

elnice said...

You should get a honda civic hybrid, my sister has one and they are sweeeeettt.

http://automobiles.honda.com/civic-hybrid/?ef_id=1097:35:9c646bec6538b5b0a7b1f15e7ec3aac9:SqhHI9BbricAAFi5xH8AAAAA:20090910002403

The dash does this cool color thing that tells you when you are not driving efficiently, it scolds you. hehe

booklover1335 said...

Hi Bridget,
While you might like the Volvo, I don't think you will like the costs of routine maintenance after the warranty runs out.

Oil changes run approx $70-80 becuase of the type of oil and the filter they need. AND the brakes they use to make such a smooth ride last half the amount of time than a normal car and are more expensive. I have a Volvo and while I like the safety aspect these are things that I did not take into account, and after Ford bought Volvo they aren't quite the same company as they were so they don't last as long, but still cost a lot. I would think twice about this choice, and not be seduced by just how pretty it is, or just the safety features.

Jessica Kennedy said...

Good luck deciding. I hate car shopping. They cost too much!