January 30, 2010

Who Owns The World by Kevin Cahill and Rob McMahon


Interesting bits that can be learned from this book:

--Only 15% of the world's population lays claim to landownership, and that landownership in too few hands is probably the single greatest cause of poverty.
--Queen Elizabeth II owns 1/6 of the entire land surface on earth (nearly 3 times the size of the U.S.).
--The Lichtenstein royal family is wealthier than the Grimaldis of Monaco.
--80% of the American population is crammed in urban areas.
--The least crowded state is Alaska, with 670 acres per person. The most crowded is New Jersey, with .7 acres per person. --60% of America's population are property owners. That's behind the UK (69% homeownership)

These numbers are unbelievable! I had never really given much thought to this subject but now that I see the numbers, it's astonishing. This book can be a bit dry in places but overall it is an interesting piece of information.



Book Information:
Who Owns The World by Kevin Cahill and Rob McMahon
Grand Central Publishing
9780446581219
1/29/2010
384 pages
$15.99/$19.99

Visit the website.



Hachette has given me permission to give away 5 copies of this book
Open to residents of the US and Canada
Cannot mail to a P.O. Box
The books will be mailed out by the publisher

GIVEAWAY ENTRIES HAVE CHANGED!
LEAVE A SEPARATE COMMENT FOR EACH INDIVIDUAL ENTRY.

(EXAMPLE: if it says +5, leave 5 separate entries)

ENTRIES:

Leave all entries in one comment or separate comments:
+1 for commenting
+1 for following this blog
+1 for following me on twitter
+5 for sharing this contest -make sure you leave the link in your comments (on your blog, -sidebar counts, Myspace, Facebook, Twitter, etc.) THIS CAN BE DONE ONCE A DAY
+1 for following my other blog It’s My Life.
+1 for friending me on Facebook here.
+1 for grabbing my button and placing it on your sidebar - leave link or your this entry does not count.
+2 for following my girl Krista's blog

*Current friends/followers receive the extra points as well - just make sure you remind me in the comments*

**Must leave an email address in comment or must be visible in blogger profile**

Winners will be chosen Feb. 15th and notified via email. The winners will have 48 hours to send me their mailing info or another winner will be chosen.

Disclosure: I received a copy of this book so that I could write an honest review.
Bookmark and Share

49 comments:

dor said...

Boy, my fiance and I both would love to read this. Very interesting stuff.

dorcontest at gmail dot com

dor said...

I follow on google friend...dor

dorcontest at gmail dot com

dor said...

I follow It's My Life.

dorcontest at gmail dot com

dor said...

Your facebook friend....
Doreen Riopel

dorcontest at gmail dot com

dor said...

I follow Krista's blog.....1

dorcontest at gmail dot com

dor said...

I follow Krista's blog.....2

dorcontest at gmail dot com

dor said...

I am a current friend and follower
Doreen Riopel friend
dor follower

dorcontest at gmail dot com

Linda Kish said...

I only got 2 of 4 questions right. Maybe if I won this book I would become more aware.

lkish77123 at gmail dot com

Linda Kish said...

follower

lkish77123 at gmail dot com

Linda Kish said...

I follower your other blog also.

lkish77123 at gmail dot com

Linda Henderson said...

This sounds like a very interesting book. I would be very curious to read it.

seriousreader at live dot com

Linda Henderson said...

I am a blog follower on Google.

seriousreader at live dot com

enyl said...

This book is guaranteed to liven up classroom discussions.
enyl(at)inbox(dot)com

enyl said...

Readaholic follower via Google Friend Connect.
enyl(at)inbox(dot)com

enyl said...

Following Readaholic on Twitter.
enyl(at)inbox(dot)com

enyl said...

Facebool fan.
enyl(at)inbox(dot)com

enyl said...

Following Krista's blog.
enyl(at)inbox(dot)com

enyl said...

Following Krista's blog.
enyl(at)inbox(dot)com

enyl said...

Following It's My Life.
enyl(at)inbox(dot)com

Angie said...

Yes, enter me!

aksimmo at brainerd dot net

Angie said...

I'm a follower

Angie said...

I'm a facebook friend

Sarita said...

Looks to be interesting.
ericandsarita(at)gmail(dot)com

Sarita said...

Following your blog.
ericandsarita(at)gmail(dot)com

Sarita said...

Following on Twitter.
ericandsarita(at)gmail(dot)com

Sarita said...

Following your other blog.
ericandsarita(at)gmail(dot)com

Sarita said...

FB friend
ericandsarita(at)gmail(dot)com

Sarita said...

button at obsessionwithreading.blogspot.com
ericandsarita(at)gmail(dot)com

Anita Yancey said...

This is a subject I am very interested in. Please enter me. Thanks!

ayancey(at)dishmail(dot)net

Anita Yancey said...

I follow on Google Friend Connect.

ayancey(at)dishmail(dot)net

Anita Yancey said...

Follow on It's My Life.

ayancey(at)dishmail(dot)net

Anita Yancey said...

Follow on Krista's Blog #1

ayancey(at)dishmail(dot)net

Anita Yancey said...

Follow on Krista's Blog #2

ayancey(at)dishmail(dot)net

Wendi P said...

This book looks so intriguing! Thanks for the chance to win it!

parodi821 at yahoo dot com

Wendi P said...

I follow you on twitter @WendiP

Wendi P said...

1) Tweeted, thanks!
http://twitter.com/WendiP/status/9089597975

Wendi P said...

2) Tweeted, thanks!
http://twitter.com/WendiP/status/9089597975

Wendi P said...

3) Tweeted, thanks!
http://twitter.com/WendiP/status/9089597975

Wendi P said...

4) Tweeted, thanks!
http://twitter.com/WendiP/status/9089597975

Wendi P said...

5) Tweeted:
http://twitter.com/WendiP/status/9089597975

Thanks so much for the chances to win!

madwoman-doing-cartwheels said...

I think this is probably full of information I'd be glad to know.

Thanks for the chance!

rubymoonstone at gmail dot com

madwoman-doing-cartwheels said...

Old follower/GFC/Ally

rubymoonstone at gmail dot com

madwoman-doing-cartwheels said...

Old follower/It's my Life/Ally

rubymoonstone at gmail dot com

madwoman-doing-cartwheels said...

Old FB Friend/rose manning

rubymoonstone at gmail dot com

madwoman-doing-cartwheels said...

Following Krista/GFC/Ally

rubymoonstone at gmail dot com

1

madwoman-doing-cartwheels said...

Following Krista/GFC/Ally

rubymoonstone at gmail dot com

2

Anne J said...

This sounds interesting, I'd love to read it.
ajolly1456 at gmail dot com

Anne J said...

I follow on google friend connect

ajolly1456 at gmail dot com

Anne J said...

I follow on twitter, lunaj1456