Vows don't always mean the same thing to the two people who are married. Sometimes the wedding is only to get some of their spouses money and others believe that their partner is supposed to do all the work while they stand by and reap the benefits. Herschel, Brian and Lexington are all cheating on their wives and they feel that's OK because their marriages have become stale. What will happen when their wives discover that they have been betrayed?
I really liked this book. The guys in this book are unbelievable! I was entertained throughout the whole book because these guys reminded me of the boys in high school. They are determined not to grow up. Honey writes another winner!
Grand Central Publishing
Book Club Questions
1. Do you love yourself? I ask this question first because most people either don’t know how to love themselves or they think they love themselves, yet they allow others to abuse them.
2. Married, divorced, or single, have you had sex with (or dated) a married person? Before you answer, think, have you dated or sexed a person without inquiring about his or her marital status (i.e., a one-night stand, a short-term relationship, etc.)? Was the relationship fulfilling? Why?
3. After reading Single Husbands, do you feel the characters in this novel violated their marriage license? Why or why not?
4. Has reading Single Husbands changed your outlook on marriage? Why or why not?
5. Would you have or have you had sexual intercourse with your friend’s spouse or mate? If so, would you ever tell your friend?
6. Do you know any women or men who are married but live like they are single? Do you envy their relationships or lifestyle?
7. If you knew for a fact that your friend’s spouse or mate was cheating, would you tell your friend? Why or why not? Have you ever lusted after your friend’s mate?
8. Could you have an open marriage, knowing that both you and your spouse were permitted to have sex outside the marriage? If so, would you want to know your spouse’s sexual partner(s)? Why or why not?
9. Is it possible for one person to satisfy all of your sexual needs and fantasies? Before you answer, what are your sexual needs and fantasies?
10. Should the person who earns more money in the relationship or marriage be permitted to control the relationship? What emotional impact, if any, do finances bear on a relationship?
11. After reading Single Husbands, how would you write or rewrite your marriage vows? Do you believe marriage vows are important? If the vows are broken, what can a person do to make them enforceable? What are the laws of marriage?
12. Would you divorce your spouse for sexual and/or emotional infidelity if everything else in your marriage was perfect? Why or why not?
13. Would you go to a sex club with your spouse or mate? Would you participate in sexual activities with other club members? Could you be comfortable watching someone else have sex with your spouse or mate?
14. What’s the freakiest thing you’ve done sexually? Would you do it again? Are you try-sexual?
Hachette has given me permission to give away 3 copies of this book
Open to residents of the US and Canada
Cannot mail to a P.O. Box
The book(s) will be mailed out by the publisher
GIVEAWAY ENTRIES HAVE CHANGED!
LEAVE A SEPARATE COMMENT FOR EACH INDIVIDUAL ENTRY.
(EXAMPLE: if it says +5, leave 5 separate entries)
Leave all entries in one comment or separate comments:
+1 for commenting
+1 for following this blog
+1 for following me on twitter
+5 for sharing this contest -make sure you leave the link in your comments (on your blog, -sidebar counts, Myspace, Facebook, Twitter, etc.) THIS CAN BE DONE ONCE A DAY
+1 for following my other blog It’s My Life.
+1 for friending me on Facebook here.
+1 for grabbing my button and placing it on your sidebar - leave link or your this entry does not count.
+2 for following my girl Krista's blog
*Current friends/followers receive the extra points as well - just make sure you remind me in the comments*
**Must leave an email address in comment or must be visible in blogger profile**
Winners will be chosen March 10th and notified via email. The winners will have 48 hours to send me their mailing info or another winner will be chosen.
Disclosure: I was provided with a copy of this book so that I could write an honest review. If you purchase a book using my Amazon or Barnes and Noble link, I will receive a small portion of the purchase price.