Devious crimes are present anywhere and everywhere. Dr. Marlena knows this fact better than most because her she lost her family to murder. In an attempt to wrap her mind around the thought patterns of violent people, she tries to understand the reason behind the act.
When a killer decides to drop off his dead victims right on Marlena's doorstep she is once again facing the Sheriff who responsible for saving her life many years ago. Dante, the Sheriff, is far from the savior she thinks he is. Will he be able to protect her as he did before or will the truth come out and destroy them both?
Forbidden Passion is one of those books that reminds me why I love a good romance. The chemistry is there and you can feel it through the pages. This is why Rita is on my favorite authors list.
FIVE FUN FACTS*:
1. One of my favorite memories as a child was camping in the Tennessee mountains. The sharp ridges and isolated forests were beautiful and filled with hidden mysteries. Once a grizzly bear wandered into our camp, and I was terrified he was going to eat me. I also imagined that other creatures, maybe even monsters, lived in those forests. Those experiences inspired the small town of Mystic, Tennessee where I set Forbidden Passion.
In Forbidden Passion, Marlena loved camping in the woods as well. That is, until the day her family was attacked and murdered by monsters in the woods – monsters that were real demons!
2. When I was pondering where Dante would live, I knew his home had to be isolated. He virtually needed a fortress from the demons, so carving his house into the mountain seemed ideal. Then I remembered seeing a solar house built underground in the mountains, and I knew that house was perfect for Dante.
3. Although I set this book in the mountains, I wrote the first half of it while staying in a beach house on the Isle of Palms. The beach is my other favorite getaway! So while I wrote about the spooky mountains, I listened to the ocean waves lapping against the shore and watched the calming sunset flicker off the jetty. It was the best of both worlds!
4. I wanted to add another layer of conflict to the final book of this trilogy and heighten the tension and danger as Dante joined with his brothers to fight their father. During the course of the book, Georgia (my home state) experienced flooding unlike anything we’d ever seen. Stories of Katrina, the tsunami, tornadoes, and earthquakes reminded me how nature poses its own conflict and danger. Those natural disasters inspired me to use the “elements” in the story as demons!
5. I visited the dead for this story. Well, not actually visited, but around Christmas time, a group of writer friends of mine and I took a tour of a local morgue. We called it our Holly Jolly Morgue tour. Although there was nothing jolly about it. In fact, at lunch afterward, everyone admitted that they hadn’t been able to eat before going!
*Taken from here.
Hachette wants to give 5 of my readers a copy of this book
Open to residents of the US and Canada
Cannot mail to a P.O. Box
The book(s) will be mailed out by the publisher
Leave all entries in one comment or separate comments:
+1 for commenting
+1 for “liking” this post on Mylikes here
+1 for following this blog
+1 for following me on twitter
+5 for sharing this contest -make sure you leave the link in your comments (on your blog, -sidebar counts, Myspace, Facebook, Twitter, etc.) THIS CAN BE DONE ONCE A DAY
+1 for following my other blog It’s My Life.
+1 for friending me on Facebook here.
+1 for grabbing my button and placing it on your sidebar - leave link or your this entry does not count.
+2 for following my girl Krista's blog
+5 for liking this post on MyLikes
*Current friends/followers receive the extra points as well - just make sure you remind me in the comments*
**Must leave an email address in comment or must be visible in blogger profile**
Winners will be chosen May 9th and notified via email. The winners will have 48 hours to send me their mailing info or another winner will be chosen.
Disclosure: I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. All opinions expressed are 100% mine. If you purchase a book using my Amazon or Barnes and Noble link, I will receive a small portion of the purchase price.