As I grow older, I realize that all the things my parents told me to do as a child were right. As a kid and even a teen, I didn't really see the point in taking vitamins or making sure that I was getting enough in the food I was eating. I'm paying for it now. I never realized how much Vitamin D in itself did for the body. I suffer from fibromyalgia, depression and arthritis.
In “POWER OF VITAMIN D” Dr. Zaidi clearly explains:
• The link between Vitamin D deficiency and cancer, heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, kidney disease, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, osteoporosis, arthritis, lupus, M.S., asthma, thyroid diseases, dental problems and depression.
• The incredible health benefits of vitamin D.
• Why most people are low in vitamin D despite taking vitamins, going outdoors, living in sunny places and drinking milk.
• Doctors frequently miss the diagnosis of vitamin D deficiency because they often order the wrong test.
• The right test to diagnose vitamin D deficiency.
• The best way to prevent and treat vitamin D deficiency.
• Vitamin D toxicity and how to prevent it.
*Text in italics was taken from here.
Dr. Zaidi book is easy to understand and I felt like I was reading something a friend wrote, not a complete stranger. I recommend this book to everyone because we could all use a little more vitamin D.
Outskirts Press, Inc.
Disclosure: I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. All opinions expressed are 100% mine. If you purchase a book using my Amazon or Barnes and Noble link, I will receive a small portion of the purchase price.