August 6, 2010

Review: Almost to Die For by Tate Hallaway


Twilight meets The Princess Diaries in the new series from the author of Honeymoon of the Dead

On her sixteenth birthday, Anastasija Parker learns that her so-called deadbeat dad is actually a vampire king. And he wants Ana to assume her rightful position at his side, in spite of the fact that she has witch's blood running through her veins-from her mother's side.

Too bad witches and vampires are mortal enemies. And now Ana's parents are at each other's throats over her future. It's up to Ana to make a choice, but deciding your eternal destiny is a pretty big deal for a girl who just wants to get through high school.


I love to read about love triangles. Especially when it involves two men who will risk everything for the woman they love. Even if it means living the rest of their life with a broken heart. That's Ana's situation and she is your typical teen with some atypical problems. The plot is entertaining and the writing is crisp. Young Adult readers everywhere will swoon for this book.

Penguin Group (USA) Incorporated
9780451230577
August 3, 2010
256 pages
$9.99 US




Disclosure: I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. All opinions expressed are 100% mine. If you purchase a book using my Amazon or Barnes and Noble link, I will receive a small portion of the purchase price.



Bookmark and Share

19 comments:

catss99 said...

I do enjoy the vampire craze, looks like it could be another good series
amanda

holdenj said...

I like the description of Princess Diaries meets Twilight! It looks like a good addition to the YA vamp books!

AmandaSue said...

I'm not usually into vampire books, but this sounds really intriqueing! And now I really want to know what she decides to do.

Kayla :) said...

I want to read this! I'm glad to hear that you liked it.

Isi and Jas' mom said...

Another series for me to read! Yay!

stacey said...

that takes Dead Beat Dad to a hole new level.

sasluvbooks(at)yahoo.com

Bethie said...

Vampires, witches and a love triangle. Sounds like its for me.

lizzi0915 at aol dot com

angie said...

This sounds like it would be a good read. What a surprise to find that out about your so called dead beat dad:)

Candace said...

Oh, I'm anxious to read more of Tate Hallaway in a new series! Sounds good!

WulfLuva said...

OOO... This is on my wishlist!

Jane Jeffress Thomas said...

I posted in the wrong place. I am a follower.

allisonsbj3 said...

I totally agree about the two men in a love triangle!

allisonsbj3(at)gmail(dot)com

donnas said...

Thanks for the review. I loved her other books and looking forward to this one.

brandileigh2003 said...

I have been looking forward to this one!

Suzy said...

I have to say I'm a little against the whole "pretty vampire" craze going on right now. Don't get me wrong, vampires are awesome! I just prefer Nosferatu, Dracula by Bram Stoker, or Anne Rice's fancy gentlemen vampires, not so much the teen drama. =p My mom is obsessed with this stuff right now though. She'd probably like this.

Julie said...

I like a good vampire series. This sounds really good.

Beth said...

YA plus vampires and witches? Sounds perfect! :)

Aik said...

Wow! This book sounds really interesting!

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

oooh, a love triangle! sounds fun!