August 26, 2010

Review: The Devil Wears Plaid by Teresa Medeiros


Passion sparks in USA Today and New York Times bestselling author Teresa Medeiros’s irresistibly tempting new romance after a sexy Highlander kidnaps his rival’s spirited English bride Emmaline Marlowe is about to wed the extremely powerful laird of the Hepburn clan to save her father from debtor’s prison when ruffian Jamie Sinclair bursts into the abbey on a magnificent black horse and abducts her in one strong swoop. Though he is Hepburn’s sworn enemy, Emma’s mysterious captor is everything her bridegroom is not—handsome, virile, dangerous . . . and a perilous temptation for her yearning heart.  Jamie expects Emma to be some milksop English miss, not a fiery, defiant beauty whose irresistible charms will tempt him at every turn. But he cannot allow either one of them to forget he is her enemy and she his pawn in the deadly Highland feud between the clans. So why does he still want her so badly for himself? Stealing his enemy’s bride was simple, but can he claim her innocence without losing his heart? 

I have read and enjoyed some Highlander books lately, but this one is by far my favorite. I loved the plot and Teresa's wording. I was drooling over Jamie throughout the entire book. Romance fans everywhere will appreciate The Devil Wears Plaid.

Simon & Schuster Adult Publishing Group
August 24, 2010
432 pages
$7.99 US

Find Teresa online:
Sign up for her newsletter





Disclosure:  I received a copy of this book for free from Pocket Books.  All opinions expressed are 100% mine.  If you purchase a book using my Amazon or Barnes and Noble link, I will receive a small portion of the purchase price.




Bookmark and Share

22 comments:

CallMeKayla said...

This sounds sooo good! I just love Highland stories, cannot wait to read this one!

cheryl c said...

I love a good Highlander story! The kidnapped bride plot sounds like a lot of fun. I really want to read this.

holdenj said...

Gotta love those Scots! Looks like a great romance!

debbie said...

This sounds really good, I would love to read it.

Teresa Medeiros said...

Thanks so much for featuring me today! What a great blog! I'm glad I discovered it :)

Bethie said...

I love Highlander books. This is now on my wishlist.

stacey said...

I love Highlanders and the Kidnapping part is cool.
sasluvbooks(at)yahoo.com

throuthehaze said...

This sounds like such a great book!

pmernick said...

Sounds like I need to become a Highlander fan!

April O'neil said...

i always love a good highlander story and this sounds really good...

Janelle said...

I enjoy a good will he/won't he? & set against a Highlander backdrop doesn't hurt either.
Chanticlear1(at)gmail(dot)com

CallMePretty411@yahoo.com said...

This sounds like it might be a guilty pleasure read.

Jennifer said...

I have a friend who likes this type of book. I think she'd like it!

jkzych at hotmail dot com

Scorpio M. said...

A drool worthy hero? Count me in! =)

Ladytink_534 said...

This sounds good. I haven't read anything by her in years. She was actually the first book review I ever did on my blog though.

cheryl c said...

This sounds like such a fun story. A kidnapped bride plus a highlander...who could ask for more?

clynsg said...

One of my favorite genres--would like to add this to my TBR pile.

cgclynsg0 @ gmail dot com

CherylS22 said...

Sounds like a great book - I do love my Highlander romances. Thanks for the review!

Bakersdozen said...

I would love to read this. Thanks for the recommendation. vidomich(at)yahoo(dot)com

purango said...

It sounds very interesting. I love reading Highland stories. garrettsambo@aol.com

lknott said...

Enjoyed your review. Now I want to read about this Jamie that you thought was wonderful!! The Highlad Books are always interesting!


lknott@partnercom.net

allisonsbj3 said...

I love the title of this book!

allisonsbj3(at)gmail(dot)com