August 13, 2010

Review: The Faculty Club by Danny Tobey

At the world’s most exclusive law school, there’s a secret society rumored to catapult its members to fame and fortune. Everyone is dying to get in . . . 

Jeremy Davis is the rising star of his first-year class. He’s got a plum job with the best professor on campus. He’s caught the eye of a dazzling Rhodes scholar named Daphne. But something dark is stirring behind the ivy. When a mysterious club promises success beyond his wildest dreams, Jeremy uncovers a macabre secret older than the university itself. In a race against time, Jeremy must stop an ancient ritual that will sacrifice the lives of those he loves most and blur the lines between good and evil. 

In this extraordinary debut thriller, Danny Tobey offers a fascinating glimpse into the rarefied world of an elite New England school and the unthinkable dangers that lie within its gates. He deftly weaves a tale of primeval secrets and betrayal into an ingenious brain teaser that will keep readers up late into the night. 

Packed with enigmatic professors, secret codes, hidden tunnels, and sinister villains, The Faculty Club establishes Danny Tobey as this season’s most thrilling new author.

WOW!!!  Yes, it deserves the uppercase and the exclamation points.  I am absolutely in love with Danny's writing.  The Faculty Club has a little bit of everything.  If you like thrillers, you will love this book! 


Simon & Schuster Adult Publishing Group
June 1, 2010
307 pages
$25.00 US

Visit the website.
Read an interview.
Read the first chapter.
Join the Facebook group.
Follow Danny on Twitter.

Disclosure:  I received a copy of this book for free from Atria Books so that I could write an honest review.  All opinions expressed are 100% mine.  If you purchase a book using my Amazon or Barnes and Noble link, I will receive a small portion of the purchase price.

Bookmark and Share


Martha Lawson said...

Sounds great! I will be putting this one on the to buy list.

mlawson17 at hotmail dot com

Linda Kish said...

Sounds really interesting.

lkish77123 at gmail dot com

Bethie said...

A school with secret tunnels, isn't that the stuff that nightmares are made of.

lizzi0915 at aol dot com

debbie said...

It sounds good, I would like to read it.

Kayla said...

Thrillers are one of my favorite genres! Thanks for the review.


DarcyO said...

I love thrillers! This one sounds right up my alley. Thanks!

dlodden at frontiernet dot net

Anonymous said...

I am a big thriller fan!This one sounds great and has a very good cover.


Beth said...

This looks SOO good! I love the cover as well!

donnas said...

Great review. Really looking forward to getting to read this one.

throuthehaze said...

This isn't something I would typically read but it sounds so good that I think I will give it a try!

Anita Yancey said...

I love books about secret societies, it always makes for a great story. This one sounds really good. I would really like to read this book.


Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
allisonsbj3 said...

This book sounds really exciting!