August 23, 2010

Review: She's Gone Country by Jane Porter


Jane Porter has returned with the type of bestselling novel that she writes best, featuring an almost-forty protagonist finding a second chance in life.

SHE’S GONE COUNTRY is an entertaining

tale of a modern-day woman, Shey, who has led a charmed life in New
York City, gracing the covers of Vogue, and is now forced to reinvent
herself by moving back to her hometown in Texas after her marriage
falls apart. Shey soon realizes that in order to reinvent herself, she
must let go of an uncertain future and a broken past, and allow for the
possibility of new love in the present.


Jane's books are always fun! I love how the women in her books are able to "find themselves", even after suffering a huge blow to the ego. Shey is this amazing woman that you really feel for. I like how even though she's had a rough time, she learns takes what she learned from the experience and makes changes to her life that are solely for her. It's a fantastic read!

Five Spot
9780446509411
8/23/2010
400 pages
$13.99/$16.99

Sign up for Jane's newsletter

Find Jane on the web







Disclosure:  I received a copy of this book for free from Hachette Book Group.  All opinions expressed are 100% mine.  If you purchase a book using my Amazon or Barnes and Noble link, I will receive a small portion of the purchase price.




Bookmark and Share

22 comments:

Bethie said...

This looks like such a fun read!

PoCoKat said...

I would like to read this book!

littleone AT shaw DOT ca

chey said...

I'm looking forward to reading this book!

Ƨhey127 at hotmail dot com

Kayla said...

I am a little bit country so this would be fun!

disneykayla(at)gmail(dot)com

holdenj said...

What great comments! I am so excited for this new Jane Porter, I always enjoy her books!

Linda Kish said...

I would love to read this book.

lkish77123 at gmail dot com

Nofearon said...

Great review love a good counrty love story
Nofearon@rocketmail.com

CallMeKayla said...

I'm glad you liked this one, it sounds cute!

cheryl c said...

I have read several of Jane's books, and I enjoyed them all.

Shannon said...

I like the fact that the main character is a little older. Sounds like a entertaining read.
tiredwkids at live dot com

Colleen Turner said...

This book looks so good! It reminds me of Hope Floats.
Thanks,
candc320@gmail.com

Anita Yancey said...

Sounds like a fun read. I really like Jane Porter's book. Looking forward to reading this one.

ayancey(at)dishmail(dot)net

Missbrown2010 said...

I would have thought the setting would be in Alabama or something! haha

allisonsbj3 said...

Sounds like a good read!

allisonsbj3(at)gmail(dot)com

Louis said...

looks like a fun read - I somehow can Identify with her

js22 said...

ooh this book sounds really good. I like reading books about women who go from a bad situation and make it more positive.
email in blogger profile.

clynsg said...

This is one I am interested in adding to my TBR pile.

cgclynsg0 @ gmail dot com

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed your review and anything country!

theyyyguy@yahoo.com

tallcapp said...

A story of a woman who takes full control of her life after a bad experience is always heartening for me.

Scorpio M. said...

Sounds very interesting. I enjoy women's fiction. Thx.

Amber said...

I think all woman want to be able to find themselves so her books sound great!

purango said...

It sounds like a very interesting book about discovering yourself, revisiting the past and having second chances. garrettsambo@aol.com