August 9, 2010

Review: Stein, Stoned by Hal Ackerman

A soft-boiled detective story where The Big Lebowski meets Fletch.

In the sixties, Harry Stein was the foremost authority on cannabis, writing a book on indoor cultivation and inventing thirteen different hybrids. Nowadays, he stays straight to keep joint custody of his daughter. But when a crop of "orchids" goes missing, Stein must re-enter the haze he thought he'd left behind.

I loved this book! I am fascinated with stoners which is why I wanted to review this book in the first place. I had no idea that the author would suck me in and then, when I turn the last page, spit me out. I hope Hal has many more books like this one up his sleeve.

Read an excerpt.
Find out more about the book and author here.

Stein, Stoned by Hal Ackerman
Tyrus Books
July 1, 2010
260 pages
$14.95 US

Disclosure: I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. All opinions expressed are 100% mine. If you purchase a book using my Amazon or Barnes and Noble link, I will receive a small portion of the purchase price.

Bookmark and Share


Mystica said...

I like the sound of this story. Also like the title!

fredamans said...

Your review made me laugh... fascinated by stoners... why?
Any rate, good review.