About Ovarian Cancer
* Ovarian cancer is the leading cause of death from gynecologic cancers in the United States and is the fifth leading cause of cancer deaths among U.S. women.
* The symptoms of ovarian cancer are often vague and subtle, making it difficult to detect and diagnose.
* Signs and symptoms include: bloating, pelvic and/or abdominal pain, difficulty eating or feeling full quickly and urinary symptoms (urgency or frequency). If a woman is experiencing these symptoms for two or more weeks, and if they are new and unusual for her, she should see her doctor, according to OCRF.
Did you know...
* Ovarian cancer is often referred to as “the silent killer” because once diagnosed, it’s often in latter stages?
* The rayon in tampons is often whitened with chemicals containing chlorine, which can result in dangerous chlorinated toxins released in the environment?
* If every women of reproductive age in the U.S. replaced one package of 16 count regular size conventional rayon/cotton blend tampons with Seventh Generation’s organic cotton tampons, we could prevent 17,000 pounds of pesticides from entering our environment and polluting our rivers, lakes and streams?
**If you sign up, I will give you 5 extra entries into all of my current giveaways. You will have to go back and leave a comment on each giveaway post to claim your entries.
Disclosure: I did not receive any form of compensation for this post.