September 4, 2010

Review: I'd Know You Anywhere by Laura Lippman



Eliza Benedict cherishes her peaceful, ordinary suburban life. But her tranquility is shattered when she receives a letter from the last person she ever expects to hear from: Walter Bowman. There was your photo, in a magazine. I'd know you anywhere.

In the summer of 1985, when she was fifteen, Eliza was kidnapped by Walter. He had killed at least one girl and Eliza always suspected he had other victims as well. Now on death row for the rape and murder of his final victim, Walter seems to be making a heartfelt act of contrition. Having wondered why Walter had let her live, she cautiously makes contact with him.


Yet as Walter presses her for more and deeper contact, it becomes clear that he is after something greater than forgiveness. He wants Eliza to remember what really happened that long-ago summer. He wants her to save his life. And Eliza, who has worked hard for her comfortable life, will do anything to protect it—even if it means finally facing the terrible truth she's kept buried inside.

I loved this book!  Laura is one of my favorite authors and this book was amazing!  It's unlike any other book I have ever read.  If you only read one book this year, make it I'd Know You Anywhere


HarperCollins Publishers
August 17, 2010
373 pages
$25.99 US

Visit Laura's website
Like Laura on Facebook






Disclosure:  I received a copy of this book for free from HarperCollins Publishers.  All opinions expressed are 100% mine.  If you purchase a book using my Amazon or Barnes and Noble link, I will receive a small portion of the purchase price.



Bookmark and Share

23 comments:

Linda Kish said...

This sounds like a really good story.

lkish77123 at gmail dot com

Tea said...

I liked Laura Lippman on facebook.

I shared on Twitter@Jungleorchid

teakettle58(at)yahoo(dot)com

Amy said...

I liked this review very much...it's brief, to the point and says it all! Your excitement over this book is palpable and infectious. And this book sounds riveting. I'm putting it high up on my tbr list and I'm going to try to read it for the R.I.P. Challenge over the next 2 months!

Thanks for your honest, great assessment!
~ Amy
Aimala127 AT gmail DOT com

holdenj said...

Wow, it sounds like a pretty powerful storyline. Definitely have to add it to the TBR list!

Kritter said...

I just received in my mail this past week another book by here, I loved your review, makes me even more excited to read it!

Kayla said...

Sounds awesome! Thanks for the review.

disneykayla(at)gmail(dot)com

Jane said...

I love Laura Lippman! I'm so excited she has a new book out!

Shooting Stars Mag said...

glad you liked it. been wanting to read it since i first heard the summary.

lauren

Colleen Turner said...

This book sounds SO good! And with an endorsement like your review, who wouldn't want to read it!
Thanks,
candc320@gmail.com

Bethie said...

Thanks for the review. I haven't read any of Laura Lippman's books yet. But this sounds like a good one.
lizzi0915 at aol dot com

Amber said...

Thanks for the review - this is going on my to-read list!

sunshine9 said...

I enjoy Laura Lippman's books. This one sounds like one of her best.

LeAnn B.

clynsg said...

Always willing to add another good book to my TBR pile.

cgclynsg0 @ gmail dot com

Carol M said...

I really enjoy her books. What the Dead Know is one of my favorites. I'd love to read this one, too! It sounds really good.
mittens0831 at aol dot com

Kimberly said...

Thanks for the review! I think this book sounds like it’s right up my ally! I can’t wait to read and find out the secret!
Kkrasowski2010@gmail.com

Anita Yancey said...

I've only read a couple of her books. But this one sounds really good, and I'd love to read it.

ayancey(at)dishmail(dot)net

DHidey said...

I heard Laura speak about her new book at the beach this summer....She is so down to earth. Can't wait to read the book

DHidey said...

I heard Laura speak about her new book at the beach this summer....She is so down to earth. Can't wait to read the book

DarcyO said...

Thanks for letting us all know you loved it. I'm putting it on my TBR list.

allisonsbj3 said...

I love this cover!

allisonsbj3(at)gmail(dot)com

Tara said...

I have heard alot of buzz surrounding this one! I have heard it's excellent from a few people, glad you liked it to! I will have to check it out!

Jodi said...

I have had this book on my wishlist for a while.
Thanks for the chance.

purehrt555(At)yahoo(Dot)com

lknott said...

Looks like a good book. In your review you make me want to know what the mystery is that Eliza has!!! Thanks for the giveaway!!


lknott@partnercom.net