TRUE BLOOD chronicles the backwoods Louisiana town of Bon Temps... where vampires have emerged from the coffin, and no longer need humans for their fix. Sookie Stackhouse (Anna Paquin, Golden Globe(R)-winner for "True Blood", Academy Award®-winner for “The Piano”) works as a waitress at the rural bar Merlotte's. Though outwardly a typical young woman, she keeps a dangerous secret: she has the ability to hear the thoughts of others. Her situation is further complicated when the bar gets its first vampire patron - 173-year old Bill Compton (Steven Moyer, "Quills") - and the two outsiders are immediately drawn to each other. Delivering the best of what audiences have come to expect from Creator and Executive Producer Alan Ball (writer of Oscar®-winning Best Picture “American Beauty”, creator of the Emmy® Award-winning HBO® series “Six Feet Under”), TRUE BLOOD is a dark and sexy tale that boldly delves into the heart - and the neck - of the Deep South.
- In Focus: Vampires in America: A mockumentary about vampires in America
- True Blood Beverage Ads: French and American "Tru Blood" beverage ads
- Vampire Service Ads: Ads for vampire dating, vampire hotels, and lawyers that service vampires
- Public Service Announcements: Both pro- and anti-vampire rights
- Six audio commentaries with the cast and crew, including executive producer and creator Alan Ball, Anna Paquin (Sookie), and Stephen Moyer (Bill)
I know I'm behind the times. I just finished watching True Blood: The Complete First Season (HBO Series) on Saturday and it's a good show. Personally, I like Twilight and The Vampire Diaries better, but True Blood is fun way to spend a weekend.
Source: HBO HOME VIDEO
Region Code: 1
Presentation: Wide Screen
Like True Blood on Facebook
Follow True Blood on Twitter
Disclosure: I did not receive any form of compensation for this post. If you purchase a book using my Amazon or Barnes and Noble link, I will receive a small portion of the purchase price.