October 21, 2010

SCAREFEST Review: The Disappearance by Bentley Little



Photobucket

When Gary's girlfriend Joan vanishes, calls to her parents' home yield only dead air. Her school records are gone. There is no longer any evidence that she even existed. Most disturbing of all is what Gary does find: a warning and a tantalizing clue, leading to a mysterious backward cult known as the Homesteaders. Now Gary may be the next to disappear.
From Amazon

I really, really, really enjoyed this book.  The Disappearance is a must read for those who share my love for books filled with terror and suspense.  I have added Bentley to my list of favorite authors.  Five stars, easy.

Penguin Group (USA)  
Sept. 7, 2010
400 pages
$7.99 US

Visit Bentley's website






Disclosure:  I received a copy of this book for free.  All opinions expressed are 100% mine.  If you make a purchase using my Amazon or Barnes and Noble link, I will receive a small portion of the purchase price.



Bookmark and Share

23 comments:

Lori said...

I love the Bentley Little books I have read - - fantastic suspense. Will definitely be adding this one to my TBR list.

debbie said...

This one sounds really good, I would love to read it. It sounds like it is in my favorite genre.

Bethie said...

I love terror and suspense. I put this on my wishlist.

lizzi0915 at aol dot com

M.A.D. said...

Mary D

We've got just about every one of his books except for a few, and I would love to read this one!

BTW - his collection of short stories is great!

Rabid Fox said...

It's shameful that I haven't read a novel by Little yet. I do have The Walking on my TBR pile, though. This one sounds very promising too.

Linda Kish said...

It sounds so suspenseful. I can't wait to read it.

lkish77123 at gmail dot com

nfmgirl said...

I'm glad that you enjoyed it so much. I've never read anything by Bentley Little.

Tarah said...

I've never heard of him before but your review has me interested!

Tarah
tarah716[at]ymail.com

Isi and Jas' mom said...

I love mysteries, this sounds like a good one

pmernick said...

Good review! Now I want to read it too -
PMNSL95 at triad dot rr dot com

donnas said...

Thanks for sharing!! Sounds good.

sweetsue said...

I love Bentley Little-he's scary!
smchester at gmail dot com

jewelknits said...

I love creepy books like this one! It sounds fantastic! Thanks for the review!

Julie @ Knitting and Sundries

tdean30 said...

Anytime someone says cult for some reason that stupid line runs through my head "Paddle faster, I hear banjos!" Hopefully it's not that kinda cult.

tdlsfm(at)gmail(dot)com

CherylS22 said...

Thanks for the review. I haven't read any of Bentley Little's books yet & this looks like a good place to start.

Anita Yancey said...

I've never read a Bently Little book before. But this one sounds like my kind of book, and I would enjoy reading it.

ayancey(at)dishmail(dot)net

Anonymous said...

I like the Stephen King recommendation too!

theyyyguy@yahoo.com

rozdj said...

Love to read. Great Contest. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Would love to read this.
shawnac68@hotmail.com

ewhatley said...

Love this genre. The book sounds awesome - great for the beach.

ewhatley at embarqmail dot com

purango said...

It sounds very interesting. I would love to read it. garrettsambo@aol.com

FDP 4 Life said...

i would love to read this book
susansmoaks at gmail dot com

tallcapp said...

Your teaser review made me want to read this book. Sounds tantalizing.