October 31, 2010

SCAREFEST Review: Ghost in Trouble: A Mystery (Bailey Ruth) by Carolyn Hart

 
 
 



When Bailey Ruth Raeburn passed over into the great beyond, she was delighted to discover her sleuthing days would last an eternity. Joining Heaven's Department of Good Intentions, she uses her unique advantages as a ghost—sometimes you see her, sometimes you don't—to help those in need and ensure the wicked get their just deserts. 

However, on this latest mission, Bailey Ruth finds it more difficult than ever to keep up with her boss Wiggins's rules for good spirit deportment. Not only is the woman she is supposed to save determined to thwart Bailey Ruth's good intentions at every turn, she just so happens to be one of Bailey Ruth's oldest enemies. Not that that should matter to one of Heaven's best and brightest emissaries, but still, there is only so much a person can put up with—living or dead. 

But solving Bailey Ruth's toughest case yet means managing a recalcitrant charge, a fraudulent medium, a mother's heartbreak, old passions and new, and a telltale rawhide dog bone. Heaven help her! 
From Amazon

I wouldn't say that this is one of my favorite books but it was an enjoyable mystery.  There were a few parts that I had trouble concentrating on.  I found a couple of events to be confusing.  I would give this book three stars. 

Bailey Ruth Raeburn Series # 3
HarperCollins Publishers
October 12, 2010
288 pages
$19.99 US

Visit Carolyn's website







Disclosure:  I received a copy of this book for free.  All opinions expressed are 100% mine.  If you make a purchase using my Amazon or Barnes and Noble link, I will receive a small portion of the purchase price.





Bookmark and Share

21 comments:

Linda Kish said...

It sounds like a fun sort of mystery.

lkish77123 at gmail dot com

Tea said...

I love, love Carolyn Hart's mysteries. Is Max, her husband, in this one with the mother in law?? Darn, it's not a giveaway. Oh well, Happy Belated Halloween.

clynsg said...

I have enjoyed the first ones of this series, and expect this one is good too.

cgclynsg0 @ gmail dot com

sablelexi said...

I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy this one much, but based on other people's enjoyment of the series, I'd be willing to give it a chance.

jlynettes @ hotmail . com

Sheila Deeth said...

Definitely sounds a fun mystery. sdeeth at msn dot com

Nancy said...

Even though you did not completely enjoy the book I will still read it. I have enjoyed all of Carolyn's book prior to this one so hopefully I will also enjoy it. Not everyone can or will enjoy every book by any author that they like to read.

Julie said...

Sounds like a pretty good mystery.

ktgonyea said...

Sounds like a good read :)

ktgonyea at gmail.com

CallMeKayla said...

I know what you mean when you say that you had trouble concentrating on the story line. I've had a few books that do this to me as well.

A Musing Mother said...

A less than an amazing ghost story is better than no ghost story.

ntaylor228 at yahoo dot com

CherylS22 said...

Looks like a good ghost story & mystery. Thanks for the review!

pageturner said...

I'm looking forward to reading this one!

amp said...

I have really liked her other books so even though you only gaveit a 3 star rating I would love to give it a read!

Anonymous said...

I have enjoyed other Carolyn Hart books, so I would also like to read this one.

farrell@crosslake.net

Randominities said...

I have never read a Carolyn Hart book. I do love books about ghosts and a ghost that has to help seems like a good book. It sounds sort of like the odd couple. The ghost and the investigator aren't best buddies.

tallcapp said...

I like Carolyn Hart's books and this one sounds like a lot of fun.

Carol M said...

I really enjoy Carolyn Hart's mysteries. I love stories about ghosts especially when they can sometimes be seen!

Anonymous said...

I need a good mystery read!

theyyyguy@yahoo.com

Cassie said...

I've loved mysteries ever since the Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew!
Cassie
cjm92995@yahoo.com

FDP 4 Life said...

sounds wonderful!

Homemaker said...

I love your review on this book! It makes me want to read it even more!!