October 14, 2010

SCAREFEST Review: Play Dead by Harlan Coben





No sooner had supermodel Laura Ayers and Celtics star David Baskin said "I do" than tragedy struck. While honeymooning on Australia's Great Barrier Reed, David went out for a swim-and never returned. Now widowed and grieving, Laura's search for the truth will draw her into a web of lies and deception that stretches back thirty years...
From Barnes & Noble

I enjoyed this book.  I wouldn't say that it was one of my favorites but it was definitely worth reading.  It was a little bland in places and could have used a little more creativity.  All in all I would give the book three stars. 


Penguin Group (USA)
September 28, 2010
560 pages
$9.99 US

Visit the website






Disclosure:  I received a copy of this book for free.  All opinions expressed are 100% mine.  If you purchase a book using my Amazon or Barnes and Noble link, I will receive a small portion of the purchase price.



Bookmark and Share

20 comments:

PoCoKat said...

Always enjoy a thriller...

littleone AT shaw DOT ca

Linda Kish said...

I'd like to experience it myself.

lkish77123 at gmail dot com

debbie said...

I would like to read it.

Bethie said...

I would like to give this one a try.

sunshine9 said...

I enjoy reading Coben's books.

sunshine9 at imonmail dot com

Julie said...

Only gave it 3 stars huh? Well it still sounds good.

Janelle said...

Thanks for an honest review and giveaway! Would like to read it.
Best wishes,
Chanticlear1(at)gmail(dot)com

Tarah said...

I love it based on the fact that I want to dive in the Reef someday! I've love to win this!

Tarah
tarah716[at]ymail.com

clynsg said...

Sounds as if at least the germ of the idea for this one came from a real life tragedy some years ago.

cgclynsg0 @ gmail dot com

Aisling said...

I "discovered" Harlan Coben a year or so ago and have enjoyed everything I've read so far. I'd love to win a copy of Play Dead. Thanks for the review.

Isi and Jas' mom said...

I have never read anything by Harlan Coben,but this sounds good

Anonymous said...

Sounds interesting.
farrell@crosslake.net

wgbc1446 said...

Sounds like an intriguing book! wgbc1446[at]yahoo[dot]com

tallcapp said...

This sounds like a good mystery created by events of the past.

Anita Yancey said...

Loved the review. Coben's books are so great. Can't wait to read this one.

ayancey(at)dishmail(dot)net

Anonymous said...

I liked his book "Tell No One"!

theyyyguy@yahoo.com

loni said...

I love books that are supsensful and based on your review, this book is!

trippyjanet at hotmail dot com

purango said...

It sounds like a very interesting book. I would love to read it. garrettsambo@aol.com

tamathamc said...

sounds like a pretty good read, thanks for the giveaway

tamathamc said...

gfc follower X5