October 7, 2010

SCAREFEST Review: The Rhetoric of Death by Judith Rock



Paris, 1686: When The Bishop of Marseilles discovers that his young cousin Charles du Luc, former soldier and half-fledged Jesuit, has been helping heretics escape the king's dragoons, the bishop sends him far away-to Paris, where Charles is assigned to assist in teaching rhetoric and directing dance at the prestigious college of Louis le Grand.

Charles quickly embraces his new life and responsibilities. But on his first day, the school's star dancer disappears from rehearsal, and the next day another student is run down in the street. When the dancer's body is found under the worst possible circumstances, Charles is determined to find the killer in spite of being ordered to leave the investigation.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book.  The plot was engaging and the characters were memorable.  Judith's writing style is unique and addicting.  I would give this book five stars.

Penguin Group (USA)
October 5, 2010
384 pages
$15.00 US

Visit Judith's website





Disclosure: I received a copy of this book for free. All opinions expressed are 100% mine. If you purchase a book using my Amazon or Barnes and Noble link, I will receive a small portion of the purchase price.




Bookmark and Share

19 comments:

debbie said...

I would like to read it, it sounds really interesting.

Bethie said...

Sounds like something I would like.

lizzi0915 at aol dot com

Laura H. said...

I'm a fan of historical fiction. And this looks intriguing.

clynsg said...

I am rather enjoying the spate of historical sleuth novels that are coming out recently.

cgclynsg0 @ gmail dot com

Deb said...

I love historical mystery books!

a real librarian said...

Sounds great!! Thanks for the chance to win!

areallibrarian[at]gmail[dot]com

hendy said...

looks like a must read with 5 stars, thanks for the review.

Julie said...

Sounds like a good book!

Kayla said...

I usually don't read these genre of books but I think it's time I start. This sounds really good!

disneykayla(at)gmail(dot)com

Janelle said...

Sounds like an interesting read!
Thanks for the giveaway!
Best wishes,
Chanticlear1(at)gmail(dot)com

sablelexi said...

this sounds like it would be interesting, I'd love to read it.

jlynettes @ hotmail . com

catss99 said...

this looks different. i like it.

Anonymous said...

I like the title of this book!

thyyyguy@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

I like the title of this book!

thyyyguy@yahoo.com

rozdj said...

Reading is one of my favorite things to do, better than TV

FDP 4 Life said...

i really would love to read this
susansmoaks at gmail dot com

lknott said...

Enjoyed your review. It looks intriging. Always like a little mystery on a cold winter night!!


lknott@partnercom.net

purango said...

It sounds like a very interesting book. Thanks for the giveaway. garrettsambo@aol.com

jennifer57 said...

it looks like something i would like to read