October 28, 2010

SCAREFEST Review: The Truth-Teller's Lie by Sophie Hannah





Naomi Jenkins knows all about secrets: three years ago something so terrible happened to her that she's never told anyone about it. Now, Naomi has another secret: her relationship with the unhappily married Robert Haworth. When Robert vanishes without explanation, Naomi knows he must have come to harm. But the police are less convinced, particularly when Robert's wife insists he is not missing. In desperation, Naomi decides that if she can't persuade the detectives that Robert is in danger, she'll convince them that he is a danger to others. Naomi knows how to describe the actions of a psychopath; all she needs to do is dig up her own traumatic past. 
From Amazon

Sophie is a brilliant author who never ceases to amaze me.  The Truth-Tellers Lie is a like a roller-coaster ride.  The climb is high and the loops can make your stomach turn.  This book really makes you think and I think that's why her books are always so good.  You can't read one and not absorb the emotions of the characters.  It's great!

Penguin Group (USA)
400 pages
$15.00 US

Visit Sophie's website






Disclosure:  I received a copy of this book for free.  All opinions expressed are 100% mine.  If you make a purchase using my Amazon or Barnes and Noble link, I will receive a small portion of the purchase price.



Bookmark and Share

21 comments:

Betty: Reflections with Coffee said...

oooooh!!! This sounds so intriguing! A lie from a truth-teller and add a psychopath in the book too.

debbie said...

This sounds really good, I love this kind of book.

Linda Kish said...

I don't know this author but it sure sounds good.

lkish77123 at gmail dot com

.Ambur. said...

This book sounds like a great read, thanks for sharing your thoughts. :)
I absolutely love the cover on this book btw, it's gorgeous and it's definitely got me intrigued :D

Bethie said...

Thanks for the review. This is something I would like.

slb3334 said...

Looks like a good book.

sablelexi said...

This book sounds interesting.

Darcie K. said...

This sounds like a book I won't be able to put down!

randio said...

I've never read this author, but this sounds fascinating!

randio said...

email subscriber

Tarah said...

This books sound great - the review already has me curious!

Tarah
tarah716[at]ymail.com

Sable(atlmuzikfanzinc) said...

sounds like a book I would like to read.

nfmgirl said...

I've never read anything by this author before. Thanks for the review!

nfmgirl AT gmail DOT com

amandawk said...

This book sounds really good!

Anonymous said...

Your review makes me ant to read this work!

theyyyguy@yahoo.com

tallcapp said...

The plot basis as outlined in your review is tantalizing. I would like to read this.

lag123 said...

This sounds like a real page turner. I can't wait to read it!
Thanks for the giveaway!

lag110 at mchsi dot com

loni said...

Based on your review, it sounds like a read up my alley. Please enter me in.

trippyjanet at hotmail dot com

rozdj said...

I love to read!! Thanks for the contest.

FDP 4 Life said...

sounds like a great read

purango said...

It sounds like a great book. I would love to read it. garrettsambo@aol.com