November 30, 2010

Review: Critical Condition: A Novel (Angels of Mercy) by CJ Lyons

In the middle of a New Year's Eve blizzard, the staff and patients of Angels of Mercy Hospital are held hostage by armed gunmen. Their target is Dr. Gina Freeman, who is holding vigil over her wounded fiancé, Detective Jerry Boyle. Stranded outside the hospital is ER physician Linda Fiore, whose past holds the secret the hitmen are willing to kill for. With the cold-blooded killers in control, no one may live to see the New Year.
From Barnes & Noble

I enjoyed this book so much!  It was like watching an extremely in-depth episode of Grey's Anatomy - which is one of my favorite shows.  I loved CJ's writing and she kept me intrigued from start to finish.  The characters are real and I'm now addicted to this series.  Five stars!

Angels of Mercy Series
Penguin Group (USA)
November 30, 2010
304 pages
$7.99 US

Visit CJ's website
Sign up for her newsletter
Friend her on Facebook
Follow her on Twitter

Disclosure:  I received a copy of this book for free.  All opinions expressed are 100% mine.  If you make a purchase using my Amazon or Barnes and Noble link, I will receive a small portion of the purchase price.

Bookmark and Share


Pamela Keener said...

Thanks for the review. When I saw the cover I immediately thought Grey's Anatomy & to have this book compared to my fave show makes me want to buy it yesterday.
Love & Hugs,

debbie said...

It sounds like a good medical drama. I would enjoy reading it.

jacque said...

Love this type of book...glad they keep writing them!

Linda Kish said...

I love medical-related books, having spent 20+ years working in hospitals.

lkish77123 at gmail dot com

misskallie2000 said...

I do enjoy stories set in medical arena and one with mystery, suspense and romance are always the best. I would love to read Critical Condition and have added to my wish list.
Thanks for your review.

misskallie2000 at yahoo dot com

toughturtles said...

thanks for the contest

Sarita said...

Greys Anatomy with a detective story twist. Sounds great!

Gloria Walshver said...

It sounds like a interesting book to read.

Gloria Walshver said...

this book must be about the doctors and nurses and their trials and tribuals on the job.

Gloria Walshver said...

Its a very dramatical medical novel.

Jessica said...

I love medical romances!

jsididia at gmail dot com

Gloria Walshver said...

I don't read much medical novels but this sounds great.

clynsg said...

I have read one of her books, which was actually better than I expected, and would like to read this one as well.

cgclynsg0 @ gmail dot com

Gloria Walshver said...

I used to love Medical Dramas on TV like Dr. Kildare and Ben Casey, even the doctor shows now are enjoyable to watch.Reading them is twice as enjoyable.

tallcapp said...

I love a medical background in a book and combined with a mystery, this sounds like a book I would love to read.

susansmoaks said...

i can't wait to read this
susansmoaks at gmail dot com

Laura H. said...

You had me at "Grey's Anatomy".
Count me in!