November 8, 2010

Review: Mad Men: The Illustrated World by Dyna Moe

As swingin' as the 1960s-an officially licensed tie-in to the wildly popular hit television series Mad Men

By turns fun, sophisticated, and celebratory, this is an eye-popping and inventive companion to the hit show
Mad Men, as well as a salute to the era of cocktails and Camelot. Inspired by the artistic styles that defined 1960s advertising, Dyna Moe creates a candy-colored record of the time, exploring such topics as:

• The office culture, including secretary etiquette and hangover workarounds
• The cocktail craze, with Sally Draper's cocktail menu
• Pastimes and fads, such as Pete and Trudy's dancing lessons and Bert Cooper's art
• '60s icons from Jackie to Marilyn
• Boardroom and bedroom shenanigans
• The burgeoning suburban lifestyle
• Fabulous fashion, including hairstyle how-tos and bonus paper dolls of Joan  

From Amazon

I really enjoyed this book.  The illustrations were great and I especially liked the paper dress up doll.  It reminded me of being a kid.  This would make a great gift for any "Mad Men" fan. 

Penguin Group (USA)
October 6, 2010 
96 pages
$15.00 US

Visit Dyna's website and blog
Like on Facebook and follow on Twitter

Disclosure:  I received a copy of this book for free.  All opinions expressed are 100% mine.  If you make a purchase using my Amazon or Barnes and Noble link, I will receive a small portion of the purchase price.

Bookmark and Share


PoCoKat said...

Too cool...sounds like an awesome book!

littleone AT shaw DOT ca

holdenj said...

Oh my gosh, the paper doll must just make the book! It looks like a lot of fun, how perfect with the holidays coming! I have two friends who are mad about mad-men!

Ally P. said...

I love Mad Men! This sounds like a great book!

Heidi V said...

I love this show also I really would like to get my hands on this one!


debbie said...

This sounds really interesting.

Shooting Stars Mag said...

cute! I think my brother and sister in law might enjoy this one.


Sarita said...

cool! how fun!

Anonymous said...

AWESOME! I WANT this book!

catss99 said...

I've been meaning to watch this show forever. A friend of mine dressed up as one of the characters for halloween.

tallcapp said...

This sounds like just such a fun book to accompany one of my favorite shows.

demmi said...

sounds like a fun book I love mad men

Brittany said...

This looks interesting. Thanks for the giveaway!

purango said...

This sounds like a fun book. Thanks for the giveaway.