December 2, 2010

Blog Tour Review: The Ice Cream Theory by Steff Deschenes

With its upbeat, conversational tone and broad appeal, The Ice Cream Theory is not a typical self-help book. The book strives to use that all-comfortable, all-inclusive, all-relatable dessert, ice cream, as the non-threatening medium to share insight to life when it comes to friendships, hardships and overcoming obstacles.

The Ice Cream Theory
is Steff Deschenes’s charming exploration of the parallels between human personalities and ice-cream flavors, a tongue-in-cheek celebration of the variety inherent in a well-lived life. This book utilizes humor and satire to encourage the reader to enjoy life, the people around it, and that nothing is by accident—everything happens for a reason.
From The Ice Cream Theory website

The Ice Cream Theory is possibly the most interesting book I have ever read.  Steff uses ice cream as a to explain the ups and downs of life.   Her approach was inspiring because she gets you to think about the past and how it has shaped you without you even realizing it.  I had a lot of fun reading this book and would recommend it to those who want to read a meaningful book without straining your brain. 

BookSurge, LLC
July 14, 2009
282 pages
$15.99 US

Read Steff's guest post
Visit the website
Visit Steff's blog
Follow her on Twitter
Connect with her on Facebook

Disclosure:  I received a copy of this book for free.  All opinions expressed are 100% mine.  If you make a purchase using my Amazon or Barnes and Noble link, I will receive a small portion of the purchase price.

Bookmark and Share


debbie said...

I have heard about this book, it was supposed to be what flavor you liked was your personality.

Janelle said...

I'd really like to read this book!
Thanks for a chance to win this great giveaway!
Best wishes,

Linda Kish said...

Anything that has to do with ice cream can't be bad.

lkish77123 at gmail dot com

catss99 said...

this stuck out to me b/c i teach a personality course

AmandaSue said...

I'm a big ice cream person, so the first time I heard of this book I knew it was something that I definately was interested in and wanted to read! I love books that are different, I can't wait to read this!

Sarita said...

I could definitely use an inspiring read. And throw in ice cream. That's perfect!

madpay said...

flavor to savor

Jessica said...

sounds like a great books!

jsididia at gmail dot com

mindy said...

the uniqueness of this is wonderful thanks for the giveaway minsthins at optonline dot net

erma said...

This books sounds good.

Anonymous said...

This sounds like a very interesting book.

Anonymous said...

I like the title of this book!

Erin G said...

This seems like a good book! I agree that everything happens for a reason :)


susansmoaks said...

everything does happen for a reason
susansmoaks at gmail dot com

Cassie M said...

Thanks for the chance!

Anonymous said...

It sounds like a very interesting book. Thanks for the giveaway.

Marlene said...

This sounds like a really interesting
book. Its definitely going on my tbr list.

tallcapp said...

This sounds like a really fun book to read. I wonder what liking Rocky Road means!!!!