December 3, 2010

Review: World's Best Origami by Nick Robinson

World's Best Origami is an amazing collection of more than 100 of the most unusual and best-loved origami patterns ever created. Expert origami artist Nick Robinson has collected traditional origami patterns as well as his own pieces and those from some of the greatest origami artists in the world- many in print here for the first time ever. 

• More than 100 pieces-the most comprehensive origami book on the market
•Projects rated from beginner to advanced and include everything from boxes, containers, geometrics, and abstracts to figures, birds, animals, and flowers, and more-this unique volume has something for everyone at every skill level
•Each diagram clearly displayed with easy-to-understand instructions
•The only book to include the works of several masters of the craft, including Edwin Corrie and Francesco Guarnieri, as well as the author
From Barnes & Noble

World's Best Origami is filled with numerous fun origami projects.  I always found origami fascinating but had never actually tried to make anything myself until I received this book.  My husband had never tried it either, so we decided to have a little fun and friendly contest to see which "newbie" could make the best piece using this book as our guide.  The directions for beginners were really easy to understand and we both had a lot of fun.  I would definitely recommend this book.

Penguin Group (USA)
November 2, 2010
320 pages
$19.95 US

Disclosure:  I received a copy of this book for free.  All opinions expressed are 100% mine.  If you make a purchase using my Amazon or Barnes and Noble link, I will receive a small portion of the purchase price.

Bookmark and Share


Anonymous said...

My children and I love origami. I moved to a new school when I was 12 and checked an origami book from the library. I stuck my nose in it and it made the transition of moving so easy. Thanks for the offer.

Cupcake Forum said...

It's nice to see an origami book that doesn't have the stereotypical crane on the cover!

Princess Cupcake at cupcake hyphen forum dotcom

debbie said...

I have seen some really beautiful ones, but I have never tried making them. This sounds like fun.

Isi and Jas' mom said...

My cousin would love this book! I can never find her any origami books

catss99 said...

I have on artistic skills and would fail at this, but my boyfriend is a professional artist so I'd give this to him and tell him to make me something elaborate:)

shimmala said...

I love origami, and my 7-year-old has really gotten into it too. This would be a great book for the two of us to do together!

shimonakatz (at) gmail (dot) com

Sarita said...

I'd really love to learn some more origami. I only know a little bit.

Elsie said...

The review made me curious,
I'd like to make origami mobiles! ...with different would have various origami fish and sea tranquil that would be, like swimming in a transparent aquarium!

How inspiring this book would be! And fun!

Jessica said...

This book sounds so cool!

jsididia at gmail dot com

Viva said...

This book looks great. I love that it's not hard for beginners, thanks!

Aisling said...

Thanks for the review. I appreciate knowing that you and your husband had fun with it and that the directions for beginners were easy to understand. mcgillrmcgill(at)charter(dot)net

susansmoaks said...

i would like to read this
susansmoaks at gmail dot com

Gianna said...

This would be so perfect for my kids.. they love being creative.