March 2, 2011

Review: The Vampire Diaries: Stefan's Diaries #1: Origins

 

Set during the Civil War, against a backdrop of grand estates, unimaginable riches, and deadly secrets, three teenagers in Mystic Falls, Virginia enter a torrid love triangle that will span eternity. 

Brothers Stefan and Damon Salvatore are inseparable until they meet Katherine, a stunning, mysterious woman who turns their world upside down. Siblings turned rivals, the Salvatores compete for Katherine's affection, only to discover that her sumptuous silk dresses and glittering gems hide a terrible secret: Katherine is a vampire. And she is intent on turning them into vampires so they can live together-forever. 

Based on the popular CW TV show inspired by the bestselling novels, Stefan's Diaries reveals the truth about what really happened between Stefan, Damon, and Katherine—and how the Vampire Diaries love triangle began. 

I had not read any of the Vampire Diaries books until after I watched season 1 of the TV show.  What I like most about the "Origins" books is that they go along with the TV show, not the book series.  I prefer the show and it was great to get to learn more about Stefan's past.  If you are a Vampire Diaries fan, you have to read this series. 

HarperTeen
978-0062003935
November 2, 2010
256 pages
$9.99



Disclosure: I received a copy of this book for free.


Bookmark and Share

4 comments:

Angie L., Doula said...

Hi there!
Where do I start to be a book reviewer? I wanna get books for free!

Anyway - New Follower here from Social Moms ;D Would love the follow back.

My blog: http://angiedoula.blogspot.com
My business: http://www.facebook.com/doulaville
My project: http://www.facebook.com/MyDoulaDirectory
My twitter: http://twitter.com/angiedoula

robert hass said...

This is one of the excellent series on television. I like The Vampire Diaries TV Show very much. This is one of the best show vampire show.

ahintonx7 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ahintonx7 said...

The love triangle in The Vampire Diaries TV Show is much better than the Twilight movie. The concept is brilliant and cast is surprisingly amazing. All episodes of season 2 is fantastic. Now I am very very excited to watch season 3.